LaSCoT Car Club
Wheelchair accessible car hire from LaSCoT Car Club, part of the hct group
Lascot has been operating a fleet of accessible mini buses since 2002. We recognise , however that a minibus is not always the most suitable vehicle for transporting wheelchair passengers and so we have added wheelchair accessible cars to the fleet.
Our wheelchair accessible vehicles are specially designed to accommodate one passenger in a wheelchair and up to thee other passengers not including the driver.
Vehicles are fitted with the following adaptions:
- Four point wheelchair securing system to ensure that the wheelchair is carried securely
- Lightweight ramp to enable wheelchair users to transfer to the car without leaving their wheelchair
- Full lap and diagonal passenger seat belt for wheelchair user
- Lowered vehicle floor for extra head room and easier access
Flexible hire options
Vehicle hire from half a day or for complete weeks. Discuss your requirements with us, and we'll aim to help you . We can even make a driver available to you (for an additional charge).
No special driving licence or driving assessment is needed to use our car fleet. For insurance purposes, however, drivers must have held their license for two years. Drivers will need to provide their driving license (both parts if a photo license) as well as identification before being able to hire a vehicle . This is all explained in detail when applying to join the car club.
Drivers will be shown how to use the passenger ramp, wheelchairs fixings and seatbelts for wheel chair users to help ensure the safe and comfortable carriage of passengers.
Vehicles all carry a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher. Satellite navigation equipment is available to hirers.
Each vehicle is covered by comprehensive breakdown cover, including the facility to return passengers ( including wheelchair users)
Who can hire
The fleet has been designed to carry wheelchairs users, but it is not obligatory to use the vehicle for wheelchair users only. Hirers need to be a member of Lascot Car Club , and membership is available to individuals as well as for not-for-profit and other organisations.
There is no charge for joining Lascot Car Club. You can download our flyer here. Contact us on 020 7501 8990 to discuss vehicle hire rates.
The benefits of car hire from us...
- Our vehicles are specially converted to be able to carry wheelchair users in comfort
- Flexible hire arrangements and periods
- Need a car for a few hours? Need a car for a few weeks – we can help
- Relevant wheelchair clamps etc provided
- Free training in use of accessibility equipment (including clamps and ramps)
- No need to worry about vehicle storage
- Flexible alternative to taxis or minibus hire.
- No special driving license, test or driving assessment needed.
- Free membership
- We’re a not-for-profit organisation with a 10 year track record of meeting transport needs of disabled people.